Life Cycle Management — Preventative Roof Maintenance
At JM, our goal is to make sure building owners are completely satisfied with their roofing system investment. We are here for our customers through the entire life cycle of roof ownership.
True or False? Once the roof is installed you don't have to think about the roofing system again.
If you answered false, you are correct. One aspect most often overlooked with roof ownership is the importance of continual maintenance. Most owners are not aware that properly maintaining the roof can actually extend the life of the roof and minimize the entire life cycle cost.
Roofs are similar to cars. Cars, like roofs, require proper maintenance – change the oil regularly, rotate the tires, check and maintain all the major fluids, get milestone tune-ups. The same holds true for your roofing system. A proactive approach to roof maintenance will allow you to anticipate future roofing needs and plan your budget accordingly.
For a complete checklist of Roofing Do's and Don'ts, download our Roofing System Preventative Maintenance Guidelines.
Benefits to Maintaining Your Johns Manville Roofing System:
- Can maximize the life expectancy of your roofing system
- Can minimize life cycle costs
- Better protects the building and its contents
- Can defer costly roof replacements (financial planning is improved)
- Protects your roof guarantee
Understanding life cycle management helps owners better understand how to protect their roofing asset.
Contact Johns Manville When:
- You have any questions or concerns about your roof
- You are experiencing a leak
- There are any defects or proposed changes to the roofing system, such as adding a solar energy system.
- You plan to sell the building or are a new purchaser of the building
- You would like to locate an approved JM Peak Advantage™ Contractor, or use our roofing contractor locator.